aliena

Aliena's little book corner

I live books, books, books. Reading is my passion. I'd do it all day if there weren't these little things called work and boyfriend (even though I do love my bf like crazy ;))

Divergent Untitled 3 Tpb

Allegiant - Veronica Roth 3.5

I feel like I don't really know what hit me. The ending of course. But it's not just that. At times the book felt all over the place and I had a hard time following what was going on in the regard to GD/GP or later re the Allegiant (which is by the way a completely misleading title in my opinion). I did catch up in the end, but yeah, I feel like if she'd taken a little more time to develop the plot instead of introducing characters who were uninteresting and essetially unnecessary, this could have been better.

I'm not angry or anything at VR for the ending it like that, but I feel like the last few chapters could have been executed better too. Tris' death felt really anti-climatic to me. I get why she died and I get why she did go instead of Caleb. But the moment she died, was just... I don't know, I didn't really feel it. I felt it when Cara tells Tobias - and maybe I was just in denial, thinking that she'd just be injured, so it only hit me at that point. I felt for Tobias, even though I knew that they wouldn't see each other again when they both said 'I love you' the last time they saw each other. I just knew it deep in my gut, even though I didn't know which one of them would die.

In the end it was a good read, leaving me in tears and with my heart torn apart. Not as emotionally drained as [b:Mockingjay|7260188|Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)|Suzanne Collins|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/books/1358275419s/7260188.jpg|8812783] left me (that ending hit me even harder), but it still hurt (in a good way). But I probably won't be obsessing over this ending like I did with Mockingjay.